Some of my friends asked me to teach them how to start a blog (hahaha! hehehe! look at my blog). I am not an expert, but I have one, so I cannot say that I don't know how to do it. Any way, below are some simple steps to follows to get started, and if you encounter any problem just email me, or post a comment, I will try to "cari" my "cikgu Monica" for help, OK!
Before you get started, you may want to click on to some of the expert blogger's sites which I link up for reference. (Can you see the link list on the right hand side?)
Now you can get started, step by step :
1. Create an email address if you don't have one.
2. Go to website called http://www.blogger.com/
3. Look for "Create a blog in 3 easy steps" :
Can you see : a) Create an account b) Name your blog c) Choose your template
and : Create your own blog now ? - Click on the orange arrow.
4. When the new page appears, it will be : Create a Google Account :
Fill in the boxes :
a. Enter your Email address
b. Enter password - min 6 characters long
c. Retype password
d. Display name - Enter your name
e. Word verification - type out the characters you see in the box provided
f. Tick the small box that you accept the terms of the service, then click : Continue
g. You will come to a page that says :
a. Name your blog
b. If you name your blog e.g turn-u-off, thus the web address will be :
http://turn-u-off.blogspot.com/, then go to check availability. If the
name is taken then rename.
If OK click : Continue.
5. Choosing a template : choose a template that you like by clicking once on it, then scroll down and click continue.
6. Congratulation your blog is created!!!
7. You can customize your blog. Look for the word "Customize" on the top right hand corner, click on it. Click on the "Add page elements" and choose the page element to add into your blog.
8. Edit "about me".
9. To start posting, click on "Posting" on the left hand top corner, and pour your head and your heart out- then publish it at your blog.
Once you have created your blog, you can edit the content following the instruction. Most of it is self explanatory. You can add your beautiful picture to it for a more personal touch....
A lots more you can do to your blog............
Here are some basic Blogging Tips for us beginners to help us on our way to blogging:
1. Post regularly, try to post something worth posting about... I am trying, knock, knock my head for something worthwhile posting.
2. Stick with only a few specific genres to talk about. Example, if talks about ‘How to grow "Money", then stick to this subject. For me, I find it hard to stick to one, but I am trying hehehe
5. Enjoy, blog for fun, comment on other peoples’ blogs, I am very lousy in this,
6. Some short cuts for your blogging conversations :
:- ) wink
:-D big smile
::-[ ) smile with moustache ..........etc ...........
TTFA ------- TATA FOR NOW
IYSS - ------ IF YOU SAY SO
RSVP -------PLS REPLY
OTTOMH --OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD
OTE --------ON TARGET EARNING
ETA --------ESTIMATE TIME OF ARRIVAL
CUL8R ----SEE YOU LATER
BTW ----- BY THE WAY
B2B ------ BUSINESS TO BUSINESS .... etc........
****My little knowledge give me the opportunity to be of service to other in a simple way ***
****Experiences are our best teachers ***