Monday, August 4, 2008

Taking The King Home

Any one tried KING OF THE FRUITS (Durians) with rice before? I have not tried and will never want to although I love durian To me it should be taken alone when it's fresh. According to my friend it's her favourite. Er..eh.. wanna try?
.
Last week I went to buy durian for the first time this year. I was not sure where to get the real good one, that's why I didnt buy. Ha ha, it sounded like so difficult to buy durian when there are stall popping up in every corner of the street, by the roadside, at the market, in the morning, at night....... That was because I have many experiences where I bought some durian and many come with it were either with worms or of lower grade. The taste are very different if you get some lousy one.
.
Mmmm...now I have found a place to get good durian at Subang Jaya, will definitely go back for more. This is the first time all the durian bought were eaten up and nothing left to keep in the fridge for days like before.
.
It's cheap, per kg was only RM4.00 and for 12 pcs of good grade durian only cost less then RM50.00. Most important thing is the smell, taste and texture are perfect, ooooh the rich aroma, succulent and firm flesh, a perfect mixed of bitter and sweet taste, mmmm....first class!










To people who don't like durian smell is stinking, but for me and many others who love it it's heavenly!
.
Do you know there are so many types of durian. To me is just the name, so long as it's nice, who cares what name is it. Anyway some of the name I can remember are : D24, 101, XO etc....... See, and there are more and more branded durian coming up these days.
.
Don't know what is DURIANs ?
.
Durians grow in trees.
.
Durians are fruit with spike like hedgehog.
.
Durians produced in Malaysia are the best
.
Durians should never be used to attack someone.
.
Durians are not poisonous.
.
Durians are best when fresh.
.
Durians only fall at night...so never walk under a durian tree at night and never try to catch a falling durian.
.
Durian trees are very tall...15m-40m. ·
.
Durians are banned in some countries.
.
Durians are not allowed into hotel room.
.
Durians are enjoyed by people who enjoy good food.
.
Durians smell heavenly·
.
Durians are the king of the fruits.
.
Durians are for eating, not for kicking at all!
.
Lastly, some secrets when buy Durians. Go for branded, there will be less chances to get the lousy one and open you eyes bigger so the durian seller thought you know how to choose a durian ..... follow my advice, you will return home smiling.
.
.


18 comments:

Olive Poppy said...

Apparently my bf's grandpa used to have his durian with rice. Don't think I'll try that combination though.

Those durians in your pic looks so yummy! I normally buy mine from Jusco and somehow they just don't taste as nice as those fresh outta the shell.

molly said...

Missmall, welcome to my blog.
Go for branded durian like D24, 101... for shoes like Jimmy Choo's, perfect and no regret when you bring it home.

SuperWeightKoalabear said...

durian with pulut? taste high heavenly... durian cecah budu and rice... **am droolllliiiinggg**...

molly said...

Bear - Nice to see you here.
I only like durian when it's fresh and nothing else. My children love durian tart and 'durian bomb' they called it, I have not tried that either.

Monica said...

I love durian! but durian with rice? no thanks! hahaha.. in SS2, they sell RM6 per kg.

Anonymous said...

Oh do not tempt me! Only can find frozen ones here. LOL

molly said...

Monica - Last time I found one selling very good durian in SS2, not sure whether that's the same one. They open the durian and place it in the container for us to take home.

molly said...

cc - Durian should eat fresh. Frozen one will never be as good. But there's one hokkien saying : "If there's fish, prawn is alright too." :):)

Mom Knows Everything said...

We can't get them here in Canada, but I would love to try one. What do they taste like compared to other fruits? Why are they banned in some countries and hotels?

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I haven't had durians in years. Maybe I'll go buy some over the weekend :D

molly said...

Tammy - It's difficult to explain the taste. The edible pulp is firm, smooth, creamy with fibre. It's sweet but some good ones are sweet with a little bitter taste are best.
It's ban in hotel may be because of it overpowering odour

molly said...

nick - I'll be going to buy some this weekend also. :):)

Tina said...

i have never tried them. i dont think we can get them here either.

they look really intersting though.

Thanks for stopping by my place from Tammy's and leaving a comment :)

molly said...

Tina - Nice seeing you here. :):)

Unknown said...

Durian and rice! My grandma LOVE it! She always eat with that!
But not me :p
We would like to go for Kampong durian's which are small, but its really good!

Unknown said...

I can't eat much durian now... very hot, mannnnnnn I can feel the heat in my body easily after 2 - 3 pieces

molly said...

lianny - Must find out how people take durian with rice, mixed together or eat separately.

molly said...

jacky - You are right, I just came back from durian feast and feeling whole body heated up. Do you know that to avoid heatiness, after eating durian, fill the husk with water and drink it, it will prevent you getting heaty. I dont believe but I didt it every time after I had durian.

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory