Monday, October 10, 2011

New Kid On The Block

I am back! I am back! I am back!

Wow, it has been some times since I last posted.

Remember I posted earlier saying that I went for a class and will be a new person soon? Actually I am still my old self, just that now I am working as a part time tourist guide.

To me, it is quite an interesting job actually. But if you are not a patience person and not some one who can tolerate nuisance or someone who enjoy guiding others, then this job is terrible.

To me, dealing with people is not an easy job at all. Just think of some people around us. Not all are that understanding and easy to please. Anyway, as long as I am staying in this job I have to learn to tackle the problem. I am sure after few years in this line, I will be able to handle all this like "Kacang putih" (peanuts). Haha, hopefully.

During the 4 months course, I learn lots of thing in more details about Malaysia and its people, cultures and traditions of other races, food, hotels, and lots of new places etc...

Being a tourist guide I have to observe dress code strictly. I have started to adjust to a new FASHION, which is long or short sleeve batik, collar shirt; long pant; socks and covered black shoes, which make me look like an 'Amah' (servant). The only different is their dress is white with black trouser. Luckily, although no coloured hair is allowed, make up is allowed, otherwise, I will look like a 'Keong xi' (Dracula).

Any 'Shi Fu' (master) guide out there who is willing to show me a few of your 'Kong Fu' secret, I will really appreciate that. Kow tow (bow) to you first!




3 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Wow yes it had been a real long time!! welcome back molly :)

Wah now you're a tourist guide - certainly a nice job to travel around

ladyviral said...

welcome back!

hopefully turns out better. what kind of tips are you looking for? wow tourist guide need to dress in batik? even during hot weathers?

molly said...

Hi MRC,
That is really long time. I have forgotten my password, luckily there is no problem resetting it.

Hi LV,

Tips? well, if you are in a job for long you don't see there is any difficulty at all, but for a new comer like me, I will pick up on the way, the hard way lor. I am still looking for company to hire me lor.
Haha, as for dress code, sorry, I exaggerate a bit here. Actually, a proper covered dress will do, not necessarily batik.

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory